Saturday, April 19, 2008

New adventures


It seems everyone is in for change as of late. It might be a move to a new home, it might be a new job, a contest, a written essay, or someone might be having a baby (not me, I'm attempting to loose 30 pounds before my birthday).

I find my self not changing. In this season of change, I find my self stagnent, with nothing coming in or going out. I am either not producing enough, or Heavenly Father has decided that I need a break.

I have just recived a letter from an instatute back east (not the crazy kind). They deal mainly with literature for youth. I sent them a short story I wrote called "Finding a Frog". It was a five minute story about weeding in my family's garden, however they clamed to be impressed with my story, and yes, I realise that although they wanted to take my money ( $54 a month) it did make my self esteem a bit higher for a moment. In return for my money they promised to help me get manuscript ready for publication in a major magazine. Plus six college credits. I actually wish I had the money to do it, but I wouldn't want to waste money.

In closing I would just like to write that although change may flow around us, little things (like my daughter saying "O! sank you mamma ( Oh Thank you mama)) clearly make the edding, stagnent water, clear and beautiful.

1 comment:

The Woolley's said...

That is a Beautiful picture of Steinaker. And your kids are so dang cute! They could be GAP models! I understand the stagnant life, I hope this move will help me get out of it. Good luck!